Can you eat after getting a blast of fluoride? Absolutely! Eating after fluoride treatment is allowed, but after waiting for 30 minutes. This is recommended by dentists since your teeth need this time for proper absorption.
Think of fluoride treatment as a superhero, fighting off the evil forces of tooth decay and cavities. And just like any superhero, it needs a good meal to recharge its powers and keep on fighting the good fight.
How Long after Fluoride Treatment Can You Eat?
Let’s break it down a bit. Fluoride treatment strengthens your teeth and protects them from decay. A concentrated dose of fluoride is directly applied to your chompers. This process usually takes only a few minutes, and then your dentist will probably tell you to avoid eating or drinking anything for at least 30 minutes.
So, can you eat after those 30 minutes are up? Yes. If you had a fluoride varnish treatment, you should be good to go. Varnish treatments are sticky and adhere to your teeth, so you don’t want to mess with that stickiness by eating or drinking immediately after the treatment.
What Can You Eat After Fluoride Treatment?
Once the waiting period is over, you can eat and drink as usual, but it’s a good idea to stick to soft foods and avoid anything too hot or cold, as your teeth may be a bit sensitive after the treatment.
It is best to avoid anything sticky or hard to chew. These types of foods can potentially dislodge the fluoride varnish or gel on your teeth during the treatment.
In terms of specific foods, some good options include yogurt, soft fruits like bananas or avocado, scrambled eggs, soup, and smoothies. Just be sure to avoid any foods or drinks high in sugar or acid, as they can counteract the benefits of the fluoride treatment and potentially damage your teeth.
Advantages Of Fluoride Treatment?
Some of the advantages of fluoride treatment include the following:
- Strengthens tooth enamel – Fluoride treatment can help to strengthen the teeth enamel, making them more resistant to decay and cavities.
- Prevents tooth decay – It does so by inhibiting the growth of bacteria in your mouth that can cause cavities.
- Reverses early signs of tooth decay, such as white spots on the teeth, by remineralizing the affected areas.
- Fluoride treatment is safe and painless.
- Cost-effective – Fluoride treatment is a cost-effective way to prevent tooth decay and other dental problems, as it is much less expensive than more extensive dental procedures.
- Fluoride flash is suitable for all ages. This treatment is suitable for children to seniors and can be particularly beneficial for individuals with a high risk of dental problems.
- It improves overall oral health by strengthening your teeth, reducing the need for more extensive dental procedures, and helping to prevent a variety of dental problems.
Get in touch with Pearland Family Dentistry to learn more about fluoride treatment and aftercare techniques—Dial (832) 649-7344 to connect with us.