It’s not for all, but many people undergo wisdom tooth extraction. These are the last molars to erupt and can often cause several oral issues. In many cases, the removal of these teeth turns out as the best solution. While for some, the expenses may not be an issue, but many wonder about the cost. In this blog, we’ll learn how much does it cost to get wisdom teeth removed and why you need an extraction?
Wisdom teeth don’t always come comfortably. Many times wisdom tooth eruption means pain and discomfort. This can happen due to the way these teeth have emerged or haven’t come out yet.
Here are a few issues related to wisdom tooth eruption:
- Partial Eruption – When the third molars erupt partially, they create an opening for bacteria to seep inside the tooth, causing pain, gum inflammation, and infection.
- Misaligned Eruption – This type of eruption takes place when the gums and tissues between the erupting wisdom tooth and the last molar shrink. The result is pain and inflammation.
- Angled Eruption – Instead of 90 degrees, the tooth erupts at a different angle that pushes the neighboring teeth, resulting in pain and other serious oral complications.
Wisdom teeth erupt when a person turns 18 until 24 years old. Going for extraction in the later ages can make the process difficult and cost more. This is because now the bone and root have formed fully. The way they erupt will influence the cost of getting wisdom teeth removed.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Wisdom Teeth Removed?
The expenses of surgery depend on the complexity of the case. For instance, the eruption is misaligned, or the patient’s age is more than the favorable age of tooth removal, the cost will be more. Plus, the extraction will take longer than usual.
- For simple wisdom tooth removal - $75 to $250 per tooth
- Impacted wisdom teeth – $200 to $600 per tooth
- All four wisdom teeth – the cost will be around $600 – $1100. Since all of your wisdom teeth will be removed at once, the surgeons may give you some discount, and you may end up saving around $1000.
Some additional costs may occur, including:
- Diagnostic costs:
- Exam – The cost of the initial examination
- Digital X-Ray – It will help determine the exact location of decay. It can cost between $60-150
- Treatment options – The added expenses include the cost of local anesthesia, any fees for emergency treatment or after-hours appointments.
- Aftercare – These are the costs of prescription medication and anything else like a gauze
How Much Does It Cost To Get Wisdom Teeth Removed With General Anesthesia Sedation?
Wisdom tooth extraction cost with this sedation can be between $600-$1100. The expenses of removing all four third molars with general anesthesia sedation can vary from $1500 – $2200.